Get International Safety Management Assignment Answer with Example
Are you searching for International Safety Management Assignment Question and answer from top experts? Choose Assignmenttask.com. We are here to help you we deliver 100% plagiarism free and well research content. We have subject area experts who can help you in your kinds of Assignments.
The ISM Code has been issued with objectives of improving safety and pollution prevention at sea.
- Explain how IMO has elaborated such a code taking into account its attempt to cover all operations of a ship at sea and in ports and;
The Code is expressed in broad terms so that it can have a widespread application. Clearly, different levels of management, whether shore-based or at sea, will require varying levels of knowledge and awareness of the items outlined.
The cornerstone of good safety management is commitment from the top. In matters of safety and environment protection it is the commitment, competence, attitudes and motivation of individuals at all levels that determines the end result.
2. One after one, describe the sections of the Code covering its objectives, the shipping company objectives and the functional requirements of the
The International Safety Management Code has been built as an international standard for the safe operation of ships. The concept of this standard is to create a safety management system which meets all the requirements of the Code as a minimum.
- Taking an example, describe the development, with the help of a specialized consultant, of a company’s Safety Management System (SMS) which ensures, as a minimum, conformity with the requirements of the ISM Code.
- Explain and comment how the SMS will operate on a day-to-day basis as well as the periodical internal and external verifications carried out by the company and the flag authorities or somebody else on its behalf.
All management systems are based on internal verifications of functioning while external verifications are mainly for conformity and effective operation of the system.
- Explain the process of internal and/or external verifications and how to prepare, conduct and report the internal ISM audit of a company’s safety department or a shipboard management system when explaining the differences between the two concepts of verifications.
- In addition, as a consultant performing an internal audit, explain the best method to carry out interviews of managers and crews and how to find objective evidence of fulfilment of requirements.
- Describe how a company will review its SMS and then how it will take the opportunity to improve its own safety culture.
- Prepare, as an example, the documentation of a Safety Management System.
- List and describe all documents pertaining or linked to the SMS while explaining how the document control system is carried out.
- Explain what kind of international certificates have to be obtained by the company for itself and for each of its ships and explain in detail the renewal process of each certificate.
For REF… Use: #getanswers2002483