This report shall be about GE Power & Water
Presenting your findings
Your report should be presented in a management report format which includes an:
Executive summary (make it brief), Introduction (setting out the scope of your work), Main body, Recommendation and Conclusion
Your report should incorporate the following steps:
- Identify the firm’s existing vision, mission, objectives, and strategies.
- Develop vision and mission statements for the organization.
- Identify the organization’s internal strengths and weaknesses and prepare a Strengths-Weaknesses-Opportunities-Threats (SWOT) Matrix
- Conduct a PESTLE Analysis and develop environmental scanning key points for your organization and the environment in which it operates.
- Construct a Growth Share Matrix (BCG) for your considered organization. Recommend long-term objectives and specific strategies to achieve them.
- Specify how your recommendations can be implemented and what results you can expect.
- What Management, Marketing, Finance/Accounting, R&D and CIS issue, if any you foresee. Your recommendations to address them.
- Recommend procedures for strategy review and evaluation.
Type of Organization
- If your organisation is part of a larger international organization, you may consider only your country’s division. Avoid considering individual departments or sections of an organisation as this will constrain you to deal with functional-level strategy only.
- If your organisation is a government department, proceed with an analysis of that division, providing, it is a budgetary centre. Dealing with a subdivision will constrain you to deal with functional-level strategy only.
- If your organisation is an independent, not-for-profit entity, proceed according to the advice
Make sure the conclusion is not just a summary of your recommendations. Emphasize the key recommendations in your conclusion and consider how they might be actioned.