MIS Assignment 2 Questions: Student Must Answer ALL Questions
SBS-Management Information System are effective for organization or Business to manage information within the organization. Get MIS 501 Management Information System Assignment and all management assignment help NOW.
Your answers should be based on your study material, supported with evidence/ justification and critical elements, including Web search (as required). Follow the University’s guidelines for assignment referencing, formatting and structure. Mark for each question is given next to the question.
Total mark for this assignment is 60.
Question 1 (6 marks)
Conduct a search on the Web for Mobile Applications. Give examples of three Mobile Applications and what business functions they may support and how do they improve operational efficiency, decision making and solve business problems?
Question 2 (6 marks)
Distinguish between data and information using an Information System example. Describe the organizational, management, and technology dimensions of Information Systems.
Question 3 (6 marks)
VES is a family-owned manufacturer of budget vacuums has grown exponentially over the last few years. However, the company is having difficulty preparing for future growth. The only information system used at VES is an antiquated accounting system. The company has one manufacturing plant located in Al-Ain; and three warehouses, in Al-Ain, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi. The VES sales force is national, and VES purchases about a third of its vacuum parts and materials from a single overseas supplier. You have been hired to recommend the information systems VES should implement in order to maintain their competitive edge. However, there is not enough money for a full-blown, cross-functional enterprise application, and you will need to limit the first step to a single functional area or constituency. Describe the features of the system you have chosen and explain reasons behind your choice for the aboveproblem?
Question 4 (6 marks)
Describe the main input, processing, and output of the UPS’s package tracking system. Describe the system’s 3 dimensions (management, organization, and technology).
Question 5 (6 marks-2 each)
Answer the following questions:
- Suggest three examples of using RFID for at least three different businesspurposes.
- Describe the geographic information systems(GIS).
- Define the three primary components of a comprehensive customer relationship management (CRM) system.
Question 6 (10 marks)
In March 2016, there were almost 3.3 billion people worldwide who had access to the Internet at home (i.e., Internet users). Since its inception, the number of users has seen tremendous growth, from only around 14 million users in 1993 to 1 billion users in 2005, 2 billion users in 2010, and 3 billion users in 2014. Having grown exponentially in the early years, the growth in user numbers has slowed to less than 10 percent per year, as worldwide Internet penetration has surpassed 35 percent. In 2016, almost 10 percent of the world’s Internet users were located in the United States, with an Internet penetration of 84 percent. However, other countries are catching up. In 2013, China, with an Internet penetration of 46 percent (and much room to grow), accounted for over 23 percent of worldwide Internet users; similarly, only 16 percent of India’s population had access to the Internet, accounting for 7 percent of worldwide Internet users.
Search the Web for the most up-to-date statistics, then answer the following questions:
- Compare and interpret these numbers in relation to the abovementionednumbers. (2marks)
- Discuss what the new numbers’ change mean for globalization and possible arising opportunities, taking into account Porter’s 5 competitive forces and 3competitivestrategies. (8marks)
Question 7 (10 marks)
Suppose your company has an e-commerce Website for selling different types of goods and services. Discuss the followings:
- Ethical concerns associated with storing and analysinguserdata? (2marks)
- Security threats, challenges and vulnerabilities that face this Web site and how to minimizethem. (8 marks)
Question 8 (10 marks-2.5 each)
Answer the following questions:
- Explain the benefits of online analytical processing (OLAP) forbusiness.
- Discuss Cloud Computing in terms of fuelling openinnovation.
- Distinguish between the traditional File Organisation (or Flat files) andDBMS.
- Explain the connection between the Firm, its IT Infrastructure and Business Capabilities.